Wednesday, June 25, 2014

How to Make Your Own DIY Menu Card

These days I'm doing nothing at work. In order to make my life productive, I have started making the menu card. Walang menu card na ibibigay si Hizon's Catering sa package. So we need to pay P5000.00 for customize table card and table menu which looks like this:



By the way, the set up I chose from them is Silver and White Theme:


So instead of opting for customize menu cards from Hizon's Catering, I decided to make DIY menu cards na lang. Kasi malaki masasave ko. Libre printing sa office so gamitin ko na lang.

 By the way, this is my menu card inspiration:



I downloaded Free Calligraphy fonts from: www.dafont.com, http://www.fontspace.com etc. I installed the fonts I downloaded and started typing.


 Below is a screenshot of what I did (menu card):


I'm only using MS-Word for this.

Since trial muna. I printed it in a draft paper just to see how it would look like.

Then, for the "rhinestone" above (menu card inspiration), para low budget, when I went back to Philippines last June 20, 2014 I bought faux crystals/gemstones from Quiapo. Around Php 25.00 for 35 pieces for small ones and Php25.00 for 20 pieces for big ones. I bought 3 packs for small ones and 4 packs for big ones. around 185 pieces na faux gemstones.  





 I also bought silver mesh wrap for Php960/10 yards ($22USD). Take note, the mesh wrap can be used as ring napkin, wrap for unity candles, wrap for matches, wrap for tea light holders, etc.


Using double sided tape (courtesy ng office) and scissors, I attached the rhinestones to the paper. Looks like this:

DIY Menu Card



So mukhang okay naman ang scratch paper ko. I'll just add light blue lining para ma-incorporate ang motiff. I'll make an update as soon as nagawa ko na ang final DIY menu cards.

And since walang ring napkin ng guest, yung sa VIP tables lang. Yung silver mesh wrap ang gagawin ko ding ring napkin para ma-achieve kahit papano ang inspiration set up (menu card and napkin ring)

DIY Ring Napkin




Trial for DIY Menu Card

Calculation:
For 170 Menu Cards
Natural White Paper - Php 45.00 each = 270.00 (6 packets)
Lining - Php 100.00 (2 packets) (crumpled aluminum foil).
Faux Stones - Php 175.00
Silver Mesh Wrap (10 percent of 980.00) - Php 100.00
Double Sided Tape - (free) If you are going to buy around Php 90.00
Printing - (free)
Design - (free)
Total of Php 645.00

It's just almost 13% -14%  ng Php 5000.00



UPDATE: DIY Final Menu Card



Big one for VIP's , small one for guests.


*Note: It is easier to make the big one.


So here's the final set up.

DIY MENU CARD (silver or crystal theme)




No comments:

Post a Comment